87 Searay Seville Stalling Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejacobi

Recruit
Move over from old thread:

Re: Opinions on Searay Seville 1987
Originally Posted by joejacobi
"Newbie here - obviously an old thread - however, no need to start an new one - I just bought the same bought - 87 Seville - in overall good condition, minor cosmetic items to be taken care of - runs really well, although stalls the odd time idling really low going into reverse - old tank of gas, possibly water in fuel - going to get some additive tomorrow and run it through - first day with boat! I'll post some pics soon...

You really should start your own thread instead of reviving these old ones. Your problem could be the lower shift cable being bad, if it is replace it, do not waste your time trying to lube/free it up, you can't, I know cause I had an 87 Seville, had to put three of those in over the 17 years I ran it. If you pull the engine cover and watch the interrupt switch on the engine when you shift I would bet it moves to kill the engine and does not return, that is due to the lower cable."

It currently stalls going into forward, reverse and neutral - just doesn't seem to want to idle at all?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 87 Searay Seville Stalling Issue

I take it you do have an engine and outdrive on that boat, Joe. Care to identify them?

joejacobi

Recruit

I'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to engines - lol - but, it's an OMC I/O 140hp...not sure if that helps? I'm not around the boat at the moment, otherwise I'd go look...Thx

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to iboats joejacobi

You need to find out for sure what engine and outdrive you have, then post in the correct forum. Since you appear to have an OMC, you should be posting your engine and drive questions there. Here is a link to it.
http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=445

Then post exactly what engine and drive you have and explain what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.