87 js650sx with engine jf650ae. No spark replaced 1 coil already. Please help?

Ronrymanr

Cadet
After installing a cdk2 and then bored it out to 40mm with the 750 jets & low / high speed screw set to a 91650specs it.runs great. Until a no restart. No spark. And a Secondary coil reading of 16.2k. I'm thinking the regulator rectifyer is spent.& not charging the battery with enough CCA? Any help ? The books specs.is 2.1-3.1k . The çdi coil is still hooked up so maybe the high resistance is the regulator rectifyer is bad and causing the 16k reading? I hope this makes sense. I ran the Ski long enough to warm it up and set an awesome steady idle. It was a long enough time to kill the battery's CCA instead of keeping the battery charged.

Your suspicion about the regulator rectifier potentially being the cause of the issue is valid. The regulator rectifier plays a crucial role in regulating the charging system and ensuring the battery is properly charged. A faulty regulator rectifier could lead to issues with the battery not charging adequately.
Popeyes Survey

Ronrymanr

Cadet
Your suspicion about the regulator rectifier potentially being the cause of the issue is valid. The regulator rectifier plays a crucial role in regulating the charging system and ensuring the battery is properly charged. A faulty regulator rectifier could lead to issues with the battery not charging adequately.
Popeyes Survey
Thank you. Swapped it out as well as starter selinoid and starter. Aç voltage from stator pulse wire is 36 then 50 volts ac stator ohms tests good 👍.
2 yellows show 36vac. This only cranking. Cdi coil primary is good. Secondary sp wires show 3.9 this is out of range of tables. Would this weaken the spark? I get conflicting information about the black // red pulse wire continuity with ground. Thank you for your help. Screenshot_20230711_020513_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230711_014256_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230711_014256_Gallery.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 0

runrider

Recruit
These things are cheap enough that it's not unrealistic to just buy a whole new set of electronics. If you can find an ebox from a TS, that can replace basically all possible failures except for the flywheel and the pickup. I have bought these ts eboxes before for less than $100.
Your ski has the same electronics as every kawi 650, but yours are arranged around the hull instead of in a box.