87 Force problem

FlyTSi

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 87 Force problem

It is at the moment on the trailer. I am going to put it in the water tonight and test it. Hopefully I will have some good news. :)
Thanks for asking, sites like this is what makes the net worth while.
Kenny

FlyTSi

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 87 50 HP Force problem

Re: 87 50 HP Force problem

Here is the latest on the problem. I put the boat in over the weekend and here is what it is doing. If I baby it for a few minutes it will run ok, if I go to WOT it will throw the breaker after a few seconds. If I reset the breaker and turn the key on it will instantly throw it, if I turn the key off and disconnect the blue ignition wire from the power pack then turn the key on and then connect the blue wire if will be ok again until I hit WOT then it throws it again. I have tried this with the safety switch hooked up and with it just wired together and get the exact same results. When it throws the breaker the wires that go to the safety are warm.
Thanks again.
Kenny

Nate3172

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 87 Force problem

Just a thought, but have you removed the hood and put the engine in gear at wot without it running and looked to see if any wires are rubbing anywhere? For example on the throttle linkage or any of the wiring coming from the stator. Seems peculiar to be doing this at wot which is when the timing and the stator is at full advance.