85 Force Timing and bogging question

Purchased the manual from IBoats for the engine. There is no reference to timing the engine I have. There are three marks and the timing light reflects the middle mark at idel. When I give push forward on the throttle, the motor runs fine until I open it up past mdway and the motor bogs and dies. Any help would be appreciated. dwight

Realgun

Commander
Re: 85 Force Timing and bogging question

Check to make sure the fuel tank is venting. make sure the bulb is not sucking flat.<br /><br />Replace fuel pump if it is still not working. 12-15 dollars and real simple.

Originally posted by Realgun:<br /> Check to make sure the fuel tank is venting. make sure the bulb is not sucking flat.<br /><br />Replace fuel pump if it is still not working. 12-15 dollars and real simple.

Thanks a bunch, found a vaccumn line with a small crack in it. No more bog. How do you adjust the idle screw adjustment to get all three carbs in sequence.

peacekeeper6

Senior Chief Petty Officer

thres a procedure in ur book, its tricky but can be done just make sure ur not cruising around trying to adjust the idle with the linkage not fastened. . .