85 15hp Gamefisher No Spark???

Model #217.586353<br /> No spark on either cylinder after winter storage, ran like a top last season. It has electronic ignition. The ignition system consists of a stator, and 2 transformers. Thats it not counting the sparkplugs wich are new. I'm leaning toward a stator problem but I can't find any info. on how to test it or the transformers. I checked sears website and they don't carry the stator anymore. They do have the tranformers for about $70.00 EA. Seems like an expensive guess. Wish I could troubleshoot a little more. Any info. or suggestions will be appreciated.<br /> Thanks :)

mercury1

Cadet
Re: 85 15hp Gamefisher No Spark???

Correct me if I am wrong someone please, but wasnt the game fisher made by Chrysler?<br /><br />I would bet your problem lies in the stator/ignition box. Two coils normally dont go bad at the same time. Also check for simple problems like a bad kill switch and make sure all of your ground wires are grounded.

echozulu

Seaman

the smaller gamefisher powerheads were techcumpsea but the 15 is force chrysler since it ran before sitting try this....take out the sparkplugs and squirt some oil in the cylinder roll it over a few times... leave the plugs out and retest those engines have such a short starter rope sometimes they wont roll over fast enough to spark

ozziefrund

Recruit

baddasselectric,<br />you said you found transformers on line at sears,<br />any info about what web site would be appreciated.<br />We tried trhe regular seras website, found no transformers