82 Evinrude 115 has oil mixed in with water that sprays out of exhaust holes

I took my boat out this weekend and ran it for about three hours. I put some seafoam in with the gas before going out on the wate. Overall the motor ran well and had good power. The engine idled a little rougher than usual and cut off a few times but it always started right back and would idle good for a while. I noticed some oil mixed in with the little bit of water that sprays out of the exhaust holes. The water coming out of the pee hole did not have any oil mixed in with it. This veteran motor has had a base gasket leak for some time but the motor has had lots of saltwater use so I have not attempted to replace the gasket. Should I be worried about the oil in the water or is it because of the base gasket leak/seafoam. I am going to change the plugs before I take it out again because they are due to be replaced anyway. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 82 Evinrude 115 has oil mixed in with water that sprays out of exhaust holes

You put oil in the gas. It goes straight through the motor with the gas. Some gets burned (smoke) and some goes out the exhaust. That is exhaust blowing out with that water. So, it has oil in it. No fix needed.

Re: 82 Evinrude 115 has oil mixed in with water that sprays out of exhaust holes

You put oil in the gas. It goes straight through the motor with the gas. Some gets burned (smoke) and some goes out the exhaust. That is exhaust blowing out with that water. So, it has oil in it. No fix needed.

FR ,I am almost scared to ask but here goes, you responded with the above quote to Charlston Glasmaster last august , will Seafoam also cause a residual of oil around the inside wall of the prop,mine has this that I have not noticed before I put the Seafoam in the tank,mine is a 93 115 and like his it sounds and runs strong but seeing the oil gave me a start ,so I will wait for your response to this before I go again, as not to take any more chances than are neccessary.Thanks
Kelly B. Okla.