81 chrysler 115 still having problems

81 charger

Seaman Apprentice
alright i have fixed all of my shorts and new ignition switch. thought i had it all fixed but she is still cutting off when she gets warm. i did pull out the volt meter and got some crazy results. if the motor is off and the key is in the on position my power is good everywhere. if i start the motor and check things with my volt meter WOW!!!!!. when i put my negative side on my ground and check all my post on my power strip the volts are all over the place. and they are all over the place fast. if i use the ground on the starter solinoid and check my power strip everything is steady as a rock. i thought it was a bad ground cable so i replaced it and still the same thing. befor i replaced the ground cable i would get the crazy readings at the battery as well when the motor was on. when i replaced the negative cable my readings went back to normal at the battery. they are still haywire at the strip and i am lost.

so any help would be great guys. it seems that my voltage regulator and my stator are working right and im not sure whar else to check. maybe the strip itself?? i dont know

please help.