79 merc 115 trim motor model help

skeeterFever

Cadet
hey i boats.. i have a 79 merc 115....power tilt trim... my trim motor is no good now....tested switches, selenoidsm motor.....{tested out that motor is done}

anyway i have seen so far like 3 generations of trim motors.....mine is just the skinny motor ontop the pump with twin selenoids{ trying to be descriptive for my question}

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A PART NUMBER OR MODEL NUMBER TO THIS TRIM MOTOR....

I WANT TO JUST BUY THAT AND IM HAVING A HARD TIME...PLEASE HELP.

ALSO I DOWLOADED THE MANUAL AND ALL FROM THE ADULTS ONLY SECTION_ BUT DONT KNOW WHERE IT WENT ON MY COMPUTER_ SO I HAVE BEEN TRYING...

THANKS GUYS- SORRY I WRITE SO MUCH- just hoping to give as much info ahead for a better return....can someone tell me the model number and which ones will match up to my pump...

IM GETTING CLOSER- FOUND OUT ITS A PRE ALPHA MODEL

Last edited:

skeeterFever

Cadet
Re: 79 merc 115 trim motor model help

one other question......are the alpha and bravos pretty much the same......im asking cause i see descriptions on EBay saying just about any pump will fit mercury cylinders for the past 20 yrs.......

some are priced good enough for me to buy a whole new unit-AS LONG AS MY HYDROLIC HOSES WILL FIT A 2 SELENOID MODEL.....OR ANY MODEL PUMP.

will any complete motor pump for a merc work for me if i wire it up,....

or do i have to shop for the old dinasour model ihave,,

please help ....im green....

and id like peice of mind with a new up to date model if my hydro lines will match up to any of them....

monk-monk

Chief Petty Officer

the aftermarket motor assemblies cost so much, your better off going to ebay and just buying a used unit that works good...preferably from someone who has a good feedback score...theres lots of good units on ebay.

skeeterFever

Cadet

the aftermarket motor assemblies cost so much, your better off going to ebay and just buying a used unit that works good...preferably from someone who has a good feedback score...theres lots of good units on ebay.

yes sir i agrree--i have been all over EBAY- seems there are about 187 new and used units..

trying to decipher which pump n motor i have to narrow down my search... with all the above info----

as far as i can get is PRE ALPHA ...
79 merc 115 ....

turbinedoctor

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats what we are all here for. To help others we can and to learn from those we can.

skeeterFever

Cadet

thanks again,,,,mite seem like nothing to some.....but that info saved me alot of guessing.......

i can now verify what i have--and order what i need, with better confidence..

im green and new- so not much to give back yet....im reading everything tht i can find here in the forums.....

definatly a great board with great people- thanks...

turbinedoctor

Petty Officer 1st Class

I rebuilt my trim motor about two years ago with parts from them. It still works fine. I replaced the end plate with brushes, armature and a few other parts. Change the oil while you are at it and check the pump. You got it out which in my case was the hard part. I hate working on something and then having to go back to the same area for something I should have done while I was there.