77 Carver 2866 Santa Cruz wiring help

Helpmetomcruise

Seaman Apprentice
So it's finally reached the point where I'm trying to make sense of the mess the previous owner left of the wiring in this vessel can anyone point me to a wiring diagram with routing diagrams for the DC power system?

alldodge

Staff member
Being that old it's not likely you can find the diagram unless Carver has it. Most likely you would just wire using the boating industry standards. Don't know if you have a Gen, but without one of those run house Bat wiring, into cabin and use buss bars then go to fuse/breaker panels

Helpmetomcruise

Seaman Apprentice
Being that old it's not likely you can find the diagram unless Carver has it. Most likely you would just wire using the boating industry standards. Don't know if you have a Gen, but without one of those run house Bat wiring, into cabin and use buss bars then go to fuse/breaker panels
Thank you for your prompt answer I'll looked on the carver website but couldn't find anything. No currently it does not have a gen or a inverter and is set up to run a automotive alternator to maintain charge on the start battery. with the rest of the dc power set to be running on a isolated hotel bat which will have to be unhooked to charge periodically. I know it's not ideal but sans a inverter and generator system I didn't see any other option. I was hoping for a diagram or color code system to point me in the right direction for ident existing wiring runs.

alldodge

Staff member
These are basics

Attachments

• Gen Wiring Diagram.jpg
    Gen Wiring Diagram.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Gen wiring Diag 2.jpg
    Gen wiring Diag 2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats