77 bass master bomber

coyotetom

Recruit
I have been reading this forum for months, fantastic resource!

I purchased this boat 2 years ago, c/w 50 hp 4 cylinder merc & trailer. I have been working on it since. I have rewired, repaired, touched up & cleaned up & will be ready to fish next month.

The floor is not spongy or soft, transom solid and once I get it out of storage I will have it weighed to determine 'foam saturation'. Now that I have been reading these forums I am curious and nervous regarding foam saturation.

Can anyone tell me approx what this rig should weigh with this boat, motor & Magliner trailer combination?

Secondly, it has a plastic fuel can, any resources for a more permanent fuel option I can install?

Thanks.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 77 bass master bomber

Welcome to iboats!!

Nadaguides.com lists the weight of an "unrigged" boat (no trailer or motor) and it also has weights of the outboard too.

Read in the restoration section about test boring for wter logged foam using a pvc pipe.

Hey plastic fuel tanks are great and never rust! Look in our Marine Store for more fuel tanks ..... the tab is up top. ;)

coyotetom

Recruit

Thanks, I found both! I should be able to get the trailer weight (?) off the tag, then off we go to weigh. I'll post my finding once I have them.

Due to the profile of this boat, if I have some saturation, I can't imagine it would be too great, as far as weight accumulation. I am aware that it can add weight, however.

Suppose I have some saturation, and thus weight. I am planning on using this boat for small inland waters for fishing, am I insane for using it anyways, until I can proceed with the task, if I choose? (or just buy another boat)

Thanks in advance,

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

If it is water logged then I suggest you visit the restoration section here.