75hp...what year

juice71

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently was given an older "Owens, Bedford" boat. It came with a 75hp Super Sea Horse Johnson. I was wondering what year my boat and my motor where. Boat will be tough but motor should hopefully not be. It is V4AL-15E on the motor.Serial C371274. Can any one help me?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 75hp...what year

Hi, Juice.<br /><br />Your engine is 40 years old. 1963.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

JB

It was an excellent engine 40 years ago.<br /><br />They are nearly indestructible locomotives, but very thirsty.<br /><br />What it is now depends on what has happened to it in the last 40 years.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

juice71

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks JB, I am hoping the motort is good. It turns nicely, compression is good 90 across. Anybody else have any info or tips about this motor and my boat perhaps?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Ar-r-r-rg-g-h. Deleting my reply to a post that is 10 years old. Didn't notice that.

Last edited:

JB

Robert, please respect our rules. This thread is almost ten years old.

12. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own.

Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.

How did you miss this big red banner??