73 0mc. Crank got,, Rods null

mudrow

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 73 v4 115 hp serial # 115393m ordered parts "rods" etc, and they say there not to be found, and need to buy a 74 crank. Has anyone heard of this before on the 73 What happened was the mechanic did the no=no on the rod caps and it knocked. I can not get them to sit without some lip on the caps now. So I am buying new rods, etc. or so I thought. The parts people are willing to sell me a used crank for only 100 bucks. Oh the parts people are outboardparts.com. Does anyone know if they are good or not.

hoeser

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 73 0mc. Crank got,, Rods null

I'm having a very difficult time understanding your English, but if I understand this right you have a 1973 V4 115, you had it rebuilt but your mechanic installed the rod caps incorrectly and it's blown again or you caught the error and tore it down. You want to order new rods and a crankshaft?

$100 for a used crank in good condition is alright, is this a remanufactured crank or just a used working pull? Ask them for the micrometer measurements and compare with book values and get good pictures if it's used. Shrug. I've never heard of outboardparts.com personally, but their website is poorly coded which usually causes me to look elsewhere.