70 evinrude

bandit

Seaman
I have a 70 evinrude new to me. about a 75 76 model just wondering. it does not have a stream of water coming out of the water pump. just a slow trickle.thought i heard that this was normale any help would be great thanks

D

DJ

Re: 70 evinrude

bandit,<br /><br />If you're not sure how old the water pump is,I would replace it.<br /><br />Your engine does not have a telltale for the pump.<br /><br />At idle, you will see some spray exiting out of the top of the exhaust tower (just below lower cowl). At planing speeds, this should be a somewhat steady stream.<br /><br />Can you hold your hand on the top cylinder head, for a few secoonds, while the engine is running annd warm? If so, you are proabably cooling OK.

eddycan

Cadet

I think i may have the same motor and i also get a real powerfull squirt out of the pee hole.<br /><br />good luck<br /><br />Eddy :p

dkondelik

Chief Petty Officer

'Mornin' bandit,<br /><br />Djohns19 nailed it!<br />If you don't know when the pump was last serviced, then, attend to it, even if it seems to be cooling OK now.<br /><br />it would be very dissapointing to have the boat out, then the impeller disintigrates and you burn up the motor.<br /><br />servicing the pump would be the safer option.<br /><br />Goog Luck<br />HAVE FUN!