7.5 seaking on 10ft. jon Question

morpheus847

Cadet
Ok I have read that the antivenaltion plate needs to set level with the boat bottom. Now on this 10ft. jon it sits way below the bottom of the boat and when in the water the water comes up to the bottom of the motor mount and around the idle relief holes. Now I have made a transom extention that will allow me to raise the motor but when I do that the prop starts loosing bite and overrevves. Does this setup not apply to a flat botttom boat. Sorry for the long post

morpheus847

Cadet
Re: 7.5 seaking on 10ft. jon Question

Ok after a little late common sense kicking in. I measured the transom on my boat and it's only 12.5 inches high. Anybody ever had a boat with that low of a transom. Anyway I cut my board down to 15 witch seems to be what all others are and seems to be perfect.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 7.5 seaking on 10ft. jon Question

You got it. Standard transom is 15 inches standard tall transom is 20 inches.
You may be able to fine tune the height of your motor by using 1/4 inch sticks to raise it a little at a time until just before ventilation becomes a problem.You may actually see a slight increase in speed depending how high you can raise the motor.Just be sure the clamp maintains a good grip on the transom.