7.4L Overheating

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Unless one has the cool fuel option like me, then it is the opposite. Raw water on bottom and to the motor on top.
This is standard for all mcm (sterndrive) engines regardless of external components as they are all standard (left hand) rotation engines from the factory. Plastic housing has the input/output cast into it for reference.

Your engine and orientation of hoses is normal/standard. Cool fuel does not require "opposite/special" hose orientation on an mcm engine.

The only time one needs to connect the hoses "opposite" is in the case of an mie (inboard) engine that is opposite/counter rototation (right hand)

As I mentioned the plastic housing is cast with hose orientation. LH OUT and RH OUT accordingly

CayugaCobalt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Definitely did not have hoses backwards on sea pump. Checked that. However the intake hose does look like an old dry salami and not like black rubber.

You can see how impeller was mixed up and off center. Was definitely rubbing the wear plate off center. I have flipped the wear plate over now to use the other side. Feels to me like the impeller doesnt reach the bottom of the housing and is setting up and out as far as O ring. Additionally in bottom of housing there is black ring that protrudes.

IMG 4009 Video shows no water reaching thermostat.

Not easy finding the transom end of that intake hose. Tried 5 times with phone camera.

I did muck about with my bilge pump last month and had to force it out from under the motor from the starboard side and then RAM it back under on same drivers starboard side. Maybe pump crushed the hose?
I was misinformed when i wrote this. I was presuming std Mercruiser hose arrangement. My hoses were backwards because I did not realize nor specify I have cool fuel system.