69 Johnson 10 hp cooling issue

It has been a while since I have worked on my outboards so I must be getting rusty. Today I took an old 59 Johnson out of my shed and went to work. I got everything working wonderfully but it keeps heating up! I have checked everything I can think of but hopfully one of you can tell me what I missed. Here is a list of what I have done to try to fix the problem.

1. Checked and changed the thermostat. (It was a new one that I must have put in the last time I worked on the engine.)
2. Dropped the lower unit and blew compressed air up the water tube. Air came out the holes in the thermostat housing (cap and thermost were out at the time) blew air down the various holes in the thermostat housing area and air came out of the water tube and the lower unit.
3. Checked the impeller and locking pin. Both were in excellent shape. (Changed the impeller last time I worked on it I think)
4. Removed the head to check for blockages there. Nothing!
5. Removed the thermost cover when hot. Thermost was open. I took it out and let it cool. It closed.

What I have observed:

When I start the motor up cold, water comes out the spout very strong. As the motor becomes hot and the water becomes hot as well the water slows down and almost stops coming out the spout.

I must be missing something obvious but was not able to find it today. Any suggestions?