689- 30e mariner carb lit small o-ring

DADDYRABBIT1

Seaman Apprentice
just rebuilt my carb on a 82 or 90 year model mariner (not sure on that have posted this question w/ no reply on another forum) serial # 30E 689-L411190 however can not find where the very small o-ring that came with the kit goes. Can some one please advise? Thanks in advance for the replies.

Wingedwheel

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 689- 30e mariner carb lit small o-ring

You were able to get the correct carb kit, but they couldn't tell you the year of your outboard? Anyway, sometimes those kits fit several models and have extra parts for such. Perhaps thats what you have.

DADDYRABBIT1

Seaman Apprentice

Yeah, I went in and bought the part told the guy I thought is was a 1990 and gave him the serial # and he gave me the part and it was the correct one because I had taken the carb with me to be sure. I didn't even think about him not confirming the year w/ me until the next day so I called back to ask and he ran the serial # again and said "not sure they didn't keep records back then" which I find pretty hard to believe, so I called a nother Mariner dealer and they were no help either. also have had the question posted in here for over a week now and no response.

But either way the olny place I can think that this little o-ring would even fit is in the float seat but didn't see one in the old one, however I very possibly could have over looked it because the carb was extremely gummed up from sitting up for several years before I bought it.

OE part # 689-W0093-02

Last edited:

DADDYRABBIT1

Seaman Apprentice

O.k. finally found a carb diagram on-line and see that the o-ring is in fact not used on my carb, it is for a drain plug that mine does not have, It just had me baffeled because everything else in the kit was used and this was the only part left over. However the cabs of this design that are equipt w/ a drain plug must be small as heck judging by the small size of this o-ring.