68 starflite 100 hp electricshift

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice
well <br />i am kind of new to this i have had this boat and motor for about 6 years 1st time out overheated it<br />spent a long time to find out why fixed a hole in<br />the cooling pipe. but now i need to build a wire <br />harness for the engine side (i could buy one but<br />untill i know how it will run would like to save <br />as much as i can)what i need to find is the <br />wire connectors/term for both sides engine/boat<br />mine are in bad shape they say p.e.d on them <br />i do beleave that is packard electronic div.<br />but if any one can offer any help or tips <br />it would realy be nice. <br /><br />p.s. i did run it after it over heated and it <br />ran fine replaced the head gaskest and cylnders<br />looked ok. <br />i dont mind doing the work just like a little guide along the way i do have the manuals<br /><br />thanks <br />bob

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 68 starflite 100 hp electricshift

Trk....the terminals you need are still available through any Johnson/Evinrude dealer. Re-use the connector housings. Also, Rapair offers engine harness'for some of the older engines. May want to search there for a replacement.

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice

thank you <br />i did try 3 differnt parts\(evinrude) dealers<br />without any luck <br />my engine #<br /><br />100883b <br /><br />e03459

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

TRK....if your saying that the dealer(s) is saying that the terminals aren't available, that's baloney. They are available. If you need the part numbers, let me know here on the forum.<br /><br />The engine harness it's self is not available through Bomby (old OMC). You'll have to go after market as I said in my previous post.