68 100 hp wiring /voltage regulator/vacuum switch(updated)

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice
i hope i can get some help with this question <br />as i have had no luck with my other questions<br /><br />i have a 68 starflite electric shift (100883b)<br />was a basket case when i got it still is am <br />wanting to get it running (see how it runs)if<br />it does not, cut my losses the wiring was <br />all ripped out and rewired with stranded house <br />wire and butt spliced (all red wire) i was going <br />to make my own harness but due to lack of time <br />i bought one (from cdi?)i do have a book and hard<br />to read schematic.<br />all the connectors are missing from the component<br />side.<br />i have figured most of it out but either need<br />a better scehmatic or some photos <br />i think the voltage supressor is what i can not <br />figure where it hooks in and what connector to <br />use also need to know where the choke wires connect.

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 68 100 hp wiring /voltage regulator/vacuum switch(updated)

anyone???????????????????????????????????<br />we must have an electrical expert on here some place

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Your best bet would be to locate an OMC service manual. It will have the schematic you need, plus numerus engine photos'. It would take way to long to explain that electrical system here.

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice

ok <br />i have the book schmatic is hard to read <br />what is wired in is the vacume switch<br />temp switch,power pack,rectifier <br /><br />this is what i need to tie in <br />electric choke and voltage regulator<br />thermo-switch <br />the rest is done <br />i wire off of the regulator has a 30 a fuse<br />where does it go to? it just has two wires<br />the other one goes to ?

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice

ok 1st off see if this sounds correct for <br />the choke wiring(schematic does not show<br />vacuum switch)<br />red white wire goes to the vacuum switch<br />out the other side of the switch to the <br />choke solenoid out the choke solenoid in to<br />the thermo switch out the thermo switch<br />and ends jumped with the red wire on one side of the voltage regulator does this sound correct?<br /><br /><br />2nd wiring the voltage regulator <br />the one side red wire(that is jumped with the choke wiring) goes to the key switch the other <br />side with the 30 amp fuse goes to the to<br />the rectifier and is jumped at that point with<br />the brown wire does this sound correct?<br /><br />3rd is wiring the pulse pack with out the <br />volt supressor see if this sounds correct<br /><br />take the red wire from the pulse pack (used <br />to go to suppressor) go to the plus term. on the <br />pluse transformer .take the other red wire that <br />plug in to the out wire from the suppressor and <br />attach it to the plus term on the transformer<br /><br />please tell me if all this sounds like it should

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice

edit

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice

ok <br />i got most of it figured out <br />this is what i have left <br />my rectifier has 3 wires in to and 3 out of 2 of them yellow and 1 brown<br />i need to add the black and yellow wire to the voltage regulator<br />does the the regulator hook in with the brown wire or one of the two <br />yellows (schematic not clear looks like a [yellow)<br /> <br /> web page <br /> <br /> <br />and last if you look at the schematic on the pos side of the <br />pluse transformer it shows a circle with the lead in to the volt suppressor to the<br />pulse pack so what would be correct<br /> <br />wire in to + side of transformer and the <br />wire from power pack to + on transformer<br /> (i am removing the suppressor)<br /> <br />or just hook wire to wire and not to the transformer?<br /> <br />where does the<br />the + side of the vacuum switch start?<br />from that point it goes through<br />vacuum switch to <br /> <br />either the + side of the transformer at the same point <br />the pluse pack will end up<br /> <br />or <br /> <br />hook straight to gether and not touch the pluse pack