60hp Evinrude VRO

Iwann1

Recruit
I just purchased a 16 5" Sea Nymph Aluminum boat and it came with a 60hp Evinrude VRO. I am not sure of the exact year but the boat is a 1985 and I think the engine is around the same, I took the boat to a mechanic and he said that the lower unit is shot. The prop turns but is real tight. He unscrewed a bolt on the lower unit and rust came out. He quoted me $1800.00 to fix. The engine turns over and starts but will not stay running. The top end of the engine looks good. Would it be cheaper to replace the lower unit or just buy a rebuilt motor? I want somthing that will not break down when my kids are in the boat. Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated. Ian

dan@iboats

Recruit
Re: 60hp Evinrude VRO

I am really sorry that you are already having probs with your motor. Did you know that you can get rebuilt powerheads and lower units at iboats.com? The site you need to visit is www.boatmotors.com. We sell excellent products at amazing prices with great warranties. We also have fantastic prices on complete rebuilt outboards. Please feel free to call me, toll free, at 1-877-857-0244.

Iwann1

Recruit
Re: 60hp Evinrude VRO

Thanks for the reply I do not know how to install any of this stuff even if I do order it.