5hp gamefisher

bucksaw

Seaman Apprentice
I just picked up an older 5hp gamfisher air cooled motor. About a foot down below the back of the motor on the shaft there are 2 small holes about 1 inch apart. What are these for... ? They seem to be exhaust, because when i put them under water the motor isn't so noisy. Just want to make sure there not water ports. Maybe someone can give me some info on these holes. Thanks

FlyBoyMark

Ensign
Re: 5hp gamefisher

Exhaust relief at idle...I also belive these motors had a water pump that cooled the LEG ONLY, and you could see some spit-an-sputter of water out the holes too..

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

Exhaust relief at idle...I also belive these motors had a water pump that cooled the LEG ONLY, and you could see some spit-an-sputter of water out the holes too..

lumberjack031

Recruit
5hp gamefisher

I have a 5 HP gamefisher outboard motor. The diaphram (pump or element) whatever you call it keeps breaking or bursting. How do I prevent that from happening? Also, the other problem is the motor will not continue to suck gas from the external tank. Once it is primed the motor fires right up and runs great for a few minutes until the gas used to prime it is out. So in order for it to keep running I use the bulb pump on the external gas tank line to pump it every few minutes. How can I keep the motor running continuously? Oh, I did make sure air was not getting into the line from the gas tank to the carburetor. Has anyone had this similar problem and how did you fix it?

firenut8190

Recruit

Also, the other problem is the motor will not continue to suck gas from the external tank. Once it is primed the motor fires right up and runs great for a few minutes until the gas used to prime it is out. So in order for it to keep running I use the bulb pump on the external gas tank line to pump it every few minutes. How can I keep the motor running continuously? Oh, I did make sure air was not getting into the line from the gas tank to the carburetor. Has anyone had this similar problem and how did you fix it?

I am having the same problem. It will not stay running. I have pulled the carb cleaned it, replaced the fuel element. I got it to run for a few min's and put into forward and it die. I am getting sick of dealing with someone else junk!