5hp Gamefisher Running/Stalling problem

stingerstang

Cadet
Took the boat out this weekend, the motor however didn't want to have a nice time...It would start, run good, take off great, then just die, like it wasn't getting gas. Tried to keep pressure in the line, by squeezing bulb, but that just flooded it...luckily had the troller to get us back...Any ideas on what I should look at first? The motor is an 84/85 5hp Gamefisher Your help is greatly appreciated!

bucksaw

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 5hp Gamefisher Running/Stalling problem

Make sure air valve is open on your gas tank, thats what it was on mine anyway.... goodluck :eek:

stingerstang

Cadet
Re: 5hp Gamefisher Running/Stalling problem

we started out with it open then closed it and then opened it again but the same problem, some one said to run chain saw oil in the mix not boat oil, we were running the boat mix so we will try the other being chain saw...this is an air cooled engine, like a lawn mower. Could have a problem with the bulb/gas tank, when I squeeze the bulb, I hear, the gas go in the carb, but in the tank I can hear a hiss also. Does tank size/location matter? I currently have a larger 5 gallon tank that sits in the middle of the my boat with about 3ft of hose to the motor. the bulb is inbetween, about 12" from the motor. Thanks for the help and replies..