5.0 GXI overheat/question

scfdbc9

Seaman Apprentice
2 issues that I need help with:
Winterized boat last year with no issues. Pulled all drain plugs and ran through with glycol. Went to plug everything back up today and have an “extra” brass plug that I can’t seem to find a spot for. I have the 2 large plugs on the rear of manifolds….1 on knock sensor on starboard side….1 on bottom of manifold on port side. Any ideas on where this 5th one may have come from or is it an extra that I threw in the cup holder last fall and forgot about?

Cranked boat on hose water on boat lift and am getting zero water out of the exhaust. Normal water coming from foot intake holes but none from bellows area? Boat got real hot… real quick… has a new impeller that I have confirmed to be installed correctly.

Any ideas on either?

itsathepete

Petty Officer 1st Class
Should be a plug behind each engine mount port and starboard. Sometimes I have to squeeze the muffs tight to force enough water up to the pump until it primes and starts pumping. Hope you didn't damage anything running hot

scfdbc9

Seaman Apprentice
Should be a plug behind each engine mount port and starboard. Sometimes I have to squeeze the muffs tight to force enough water up to the pump until it primes and starts pumping. Hope you didn't damage anything running hot
Thx for the reply, I’m hoping for the best