4Blade Rubex Titan Test Run!!

Kalani 938

Seaman Apprentice
What's up guys! Just wanted to share a good experience I recently had as a fairly new boat owner. I purchased a used 2006 Tahoe Q4 with a 4.3L Mercruiser 190HP engine last October. I recently sold my Xpress bass boat due to the fact that all I did last summer was wakeboard in it. I decided I needed to step up to something actually made for wakeboarding so I purchased the Tahoe. I only ran the boat twice before it got too cold to get in the water and I was very happy with it except for the fact that it had a vibration at about the 2500 rmp range. I posted on here and found out that my problem was due to a beat up prop. I ran the fake lake test with the prop on and then with it off and the vibration was gone so I recently ordered a Rubex HR4 Titan 4 blade prop to replace my 3 blade crapper. I installed the prop and took it out for a test run this past Friday. This was the first time my boat has been in the water since last October and man did it feel great to get back out there! I live in deep East Texas so we had a day that wasn't too cold thank goodness. To say the least I am VERY happy with the way my boat ran with the new prop. It was so much smoother compared to the old prop and the boat had a big increase in mid-range power and also had a much better holeshot from stop to start which is very important when wakeboarding. I will be able to give the real test when it warms up enough to get in the water and wakeboard, but for now I am very satisfied with my purchase from iboats.com!!!

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 4Blade Rubex Titan Test Run!!

What pitch did you buy. I have the same boat but an 07. I want to change the prop also. I do like to ski as well but also like cruising. Did you take any WOT tests and if you did what were your rpm and speed.
Thanks