48 SPL with high speed miss

boatmonkey82

Cadet
i have a 48 spl with all new electronics and now it has a high speed miss .
this is not a fuel related issue and has great spark with a spark tester , flywheel magnets al so look great , woodruff key is fine , plugs are fine , new coils , power pack , pick up sensor , and stator , please help before i sink this lil bastard :mad::confused:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 48 SPL with high speed miss

did you do a link n sinc? could have a float needle not seating all the way, and flooding one cylinder. also could be a spark plug wire arcing to the block. i love the 48 specials.

boatmonkey82

Cadet

plug wires are good , carbs are rebuilt not cleaned , carbs are sync timing is good , it runs fine under 1/2 throt and any thing over that it will break out but still reach its full rpms . to be honest i run a mobile marine service and this thing is driving me crazy , and everything dva's out to specs , also no air leaks are noticed , this motor ran fine until it was pulled and put onto another boat . it sounds like a rev limiter kicking in but this pack is rated to 6100 and my snap on tach says it is not reaching that , it is also not isolated to any cly , slow mode also works like it should

pete6464

Cadet

i have the same problem with my 48 spl.still cant figure it out.

canemode

Cadet

could be the choke is stuck partially on, I had this problem once with my Johnson 50 and it was the choke which only showed up at high throttle