$420 Billion just setting there!

D

DJ

Re: $420 Billion just setting there!

The illegal immigrant issue is H U G E!<br /><br />I live in Arizona. There are as many as 4000 per day coming through AZ alone. Some of them are looking for more than work. They (illegals) are EVERYWHERE here.<br /><br />However, as a society, we won't touch them because we're too nice. If you have ever talked to one, they will tell you. They do not want to stay here, they just want to work here. However, our laws do not allow them be able to go back and forth as they used to.<br /><br />We need a law chnage-DESPERATELY.<br /><br />The whole issue is a political "hot potato". GW's plan for a guest worker program is one of the only sensible solutions I have heard.

Dunaruna

Admiral

4000 a DAY! Where do they all go? Sent back I imagine- yeah?<br /><br />Aldo

D

DJ

Aldo,<br /><br />The 4K is an estimate and probably low.<br /><br />They go EVERYWHERE within the USA. They do everything that Americans feel are "below them". Manual labor, etc.<br /><br />We need, desperately, a guest worker program and an amnisty program for those that are "trying" to assimilate into the US society.<br /><br />For now, many/most illegals have no intention of wanting to assimilate. Thus, they live in groups and are basically "off limits" to law enforcement, etc.

Triton II

Commander

Glad we live on an island... at least we have a chance of finding the boats before they get here. It's what we then do with them that costs us money. DJ's "guest worker" policy was in place in Western Germany for years and the "gaaste arbeiter", mainly of Turkish origin, fulfilled a useful service to the former West Germany, building BMWs, working as cleaners etc. Now, of course, with the re-unification, the guest workers are resented by the (former) East Germans who come from the poorer side of life, and the who thing is a mess. Probably worth a go in the good ol' US of A, but here in Aus it could cause huge resentment from our 'dole bludger' side of the community, which, unfortunately is way too big and way too protected.

D

DJ

Triton,<br /><br />I agree, the whole of ideas have downfalls.<br /><br />However, we need to do something-NOW.<br /><br />Otherwise, we are going to have a divided country, spanish speaking vs. english.<br /><br />Anything "divided" is destined to fail.<br /><br />I feel we are losing "Americanism". Probably to the delight of much of the world.<br /><br />I'll fight for it.

Triton II

Commander

I'll be right there with you, not against the spanish, but against all of those who refuse to integrate with the country they elect to reside in. In Australia, we have the same issues, but in a more city-to-city sense. Here in Sydney we have become a factionalised city with enclaves of Vietnamese, Lebanese, Koreans etc, and some insist on instilling their life values and expectations on our established culture inherited from our colonial past. I'm a white, 5th generation Australian with both sides of my ancestors emigrating from Scotland in the mid 19th century. I'm proud of my past, my culture and my country. My forebears made this country what it is, and I for one wish to keep it that way. Surely that's fair enough, it's what we've become through hard work and the Australian attitude of "never give up". <br />What we don't need is groups carrying out drive-by shootings, or gang rapes of 16-year-old white girls by Lebanese thugs "because she was wearing a short skirt and was asking for it". The people committing these crimes claim not to be motivated by racial hatred, yet they insist on their women wearing veils, on stopping work to take time to pray (I pray in my own way in my own time), in short, they generally aim to fail to become Australian. If they do not hate our country's culture, why the 'f' are they shoving their's down our throats? And why the 'f' are we paying so much social security to keep them that way? Weird!

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

DJ, do you think all that extra money coming from the illegals could be part of the problem standing in the way of a solution?

NYMINUTE

Captain

210.gif
<br />I can't understand what they expect to find here. All of our jobs are sent to Mexico. I do not know a soul who would be greeting them with open arms. Call it profiling, call it bigotry, but the crime rate where Mexicans are involved is well documented here in DumbCity.

spratt

Lieutenant

Our LOWEST minimum wages are probably higher than their HIGHEST labor rates...and even THEY can't afford to move in adn live in single resident dwellings on the minimum wages paid in USA...it isn't that people in the US think certain jobs are "below" them, the fact is that the wages DO NOT SUPPORT a person, let alone a FAMILY for crying out loud!!! Unions hae priced goods so high that wages have to skyrocket to try to keep up and thus the lower echelons cannot survive . It is that simple. Yep, all the fault of Unions.

Twidget

Commander

Flatbottoms, around here, they have found a way around that. They rent a house and move 3 or 4 families in. One of the women will take care of the house and kids, everyone else is out working.<br /><br /><br />The school system, police and any social service for some reason will not contact immigration. The LULAC lobby is quite strong here.