4 tight spark plugs....one loosens up...

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer
Everything was goin good.... Took the 70 115 evinrude back out last night and for the most part things were great until....<br /><br /> towards the end... after maybe 6-7 stops and restarts I noticed it had not really a surge and not really a mis<br /><br />Thought it was a fuel supply issue since my fuel lined "COULD" have been getting pintched in turns.<br /><br />No change in that. Took a look at it this morning and thought I would pull the plugs. I noticed that when I pulled the #4 plug it was loose... and leaking burnt fuel outta it. <br /><br />Now I did no changes since it ran perfect a week ago. I know when doing all this work on the motor it was tightened like the others and not stripped(still isn't). My question is.. Is there anything I can use if I keep having problems with this(used thread locks and know how they can strip threads easily), that will keep the plug from backing out... and what in the heck causes this??<br /><br />Will test again on sunday to see if I get the problem again. Would have done more but it was getting dark on the lake.

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 4 tight spark plugs....one loosens up...

The little washer type ring beyond the threads on the plug is supposed to keep tension on the plug to keep it from rattling loose. Is it missing or broken?<br />Eric

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 4 tight spark plugs....one loosens up...

what are you torqueing the plug to? and the crush ring will only crush once. are you actually torqueing the plugs or using the calibrated grunt method ?