4.3 L 1986 oil filter location??

ulster

Cadet
Was informed today that I could purchase an aftermarket oil filter remote kit which I can place in an easier location to change the oil filter?<br />The individual didn't know where I could purchase the unit however he indicated it replaced the orrigional oil filter had hoses and could be located where it is easier to get at?<br />I have no problem changing the filter on the starboard motor however the port motor filter is toward the back and low down I am close to retirement and am not as flexable as I use to be.<br />Has anyone ever seen these? <br />Would you experts recoment their use?

Laddies

Banned
Re: 4.3 L 1986 oil filter location??

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT AFTERMARKET BUT MERCURY MAKES A GOOD ONE AND IT INCLUDES ALL THE RIGHT PARTS

ulster

Cadet

Sorry I should have stated they are OMC,<br />Will the mercury fit?

Bondo

Staff member

Remote Oil Filter Kits are pretty common......<br />Most any autoparts house should be able to set you up.....<br />Ebay is an option....<br />It's a Chevy Motor..... No Special Marine stuff here.....<br />Just a block manifold, a couple oil hoses, and a filter mount.........<br />You Could go with Duals if you wish............ :D

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

friend of mine put one on his V6 years ago.just bought the bits from the usual auto parts shop.there's nothing special about them.i think it was about half the price of the genuine item from merc.takes him about 10 minutes to do an oil filter change now.

ulster

Cadet

Thanks Guy's I will check our auto parts store.