4.3 GXI-F (2005) No spark or power at the coil. How do I check?

AdrianKauai

Cadet
Follow up.
2 x Water tests, first time running amazing... and then the dreaded hesitation blip. Sputter, catch, go. Oh Man turn around quick. Seems to come back to life in harbor. Run it for about 20 mins 1K-4K fine, then clip hesitation. Limp back into dock tie up and she dies. Hard start to get on trailer. Get home and on Driveway... Fire right up, purring like a kitten.
Back to the water today... Starts awesome, purrs, idles, I turn it off, back on easy. Let her warm up perfect 150 holding steady. Test throttle, everything checks out she sounds and running perfect. Untie, just come past the breakwall and clip- shudder- die. AHHHHH, cool and calm, lots of gas and she fires up with some effort, limp back in, tie up. WTF???? With engine bay open in neutral bring her up to 3500 RPM and see water gushing all down the top of the engine !!!! WHAT THE, of course never saw that in the driveway. Turns out HUGE crack in very back of my exhaust bellows and gushing salt water right at my coil, coil module, distributor cap, and engine harness at higher RPM!!! OMG found ya ! New bellows = No more exhaust water gushing at my electrical componets = Problem fixed xoxo

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
great work and follow up!
many years ago, I changed the points and condensor on the family car (1972 Chevy) and it would not start. Lucky I kept the old points. New ones were defective! Always check your work and back track to the last thing you changed, or touched lol.