30% off most things at footlocker, thurs-sun only!

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
http://ww2.footlocker.com/2004/fnf/fle112504a/index.html <br /><br />Every few months footlocker has a friends & family sale with 30% off most items in the store (or online). The above link has a coupon you cna print out for in store use or coupon codes for online purchases. Also workds for Champs Sports stores.<br /><br />I've used these several times, no problems or worries about actually knowing someone who works there (they never even ask). Plus get one of their VIP cards before and it looks like you get an additional bonus.

gonfishn

Commander
Re: 30% off most things at footlocker, thurs-sun only!

Ahhhhhh..The ole mark up to mark em down type sales..I thought women only fell for these once in a live time type sales..<br /><br />The consumer has not a clue what the real price was the night before..Only what they are showing you..<br /><br />A Store the night before will mark an item up lets say forty% then mark it down 25%. In reality the store has got ya for another 10%<br /><br />Keep an eye on that special and check the price on it lets say in about two weeks..Its called a bait and switch ..Do you really think a store is going to mark it down and lose money..<br /><br />Its Christmas and the retailers take advantage of you cause your in such a giving sprit and they know it..<br /><br />This game goes on all year long and we the consumer believe every thing they say..Right.<br /><br />Btw I got a bridge I want to sell and was asking 1mill but for one day only, you can have it for 900g..<br /><br /><br />In my company we don't have sales and the price is always the same..Anyone who is in the Managing part of the retail side knows what i am talking about..<br /><br />Just ragging on ya a little LL in fun of course..Sometimes I can't believe how gullible some folks are..

phatmanmike

Captain

A Store the night before will mark an item up lets say forty% then mark it down 25%. In reality the store has got ya for another 10%<br />
actually, thats 15%

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

hehe,<br />that's why he's opening a store.<br />Cuz he's really good at math.<br /><br /><br />Sorry GF,<br />couldn't resist.<br /><br />AK Chappy

gonfishn

Commander

See you don't work in the retail world PM..That extra 5% is in case one would give the customer another discount cause lets say they like you..right..Its what is called a carry charge..<br /><br />No different when buying a car they mark a car up high so as to have play room to mark it down..No Sales retailer will ever lose money when they mark things down..<br /><br />If you ever want to figure an estimated wholesale cost figure retail items are marked up 100% or higher in the beginning..<br /><br />No problem Ak..Thats why I have an accountan because he can fudge on the figures more than me..lol..<br /><br />About three weeks until the fun begins AK..

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> Ahhhhhh..The ole mark up to mark em down type sales..I thought women only fell for these once in a live time type sales..<br /><br />The consumer has not a clue what the real price was the night before..Only what they are showing you..<br /><br />A Store the night before will mark an item up lets say forty% then mark it down 25%. In reality the store has got ya for another 10%<br /><br />Keep an eye on that special and check the price on it lets say in about two weeks..Its called a bait and switch ..Do you really think a store is going to mark it down and lose money..<br />.....<br />Just ragging on ya a little LL in fun of course..Sometimes I can't believe how gullible some folks are..
gonfishing,<br /><br />Sorry, you're WAY off on this one. They run this every couple of months during the year and don't advertise it to the general public. It really is intended for a limited group and I'd wager that markup at Footlocker is more than 30% so I doubt they're losing money even though they don't artificially markup items before the sale. I've used it several times where I knew their regular price for some basketball shoes I wanted, but waited for one of these promotions to come along. Price was same as before less the 30%. <br /><br />As a matter of fact, if you want a real bargain check out their online store. They have clearout and discontinued shoes that are already marked way down. The 30% off is still good on these. I've seen shoes in the $90 retail range marked down to $49, $39, and even as low as $29 PLUS the 30% off. Only two problems with the ridiculously marked down online buys: 1) available colors and sizes are usually limited. 2) tennis shoes vary so much in size and fit that it's often hard to get a good fit without trying them on. Especially for me cause I've got wide feet. But one time I found something I liked that was so cheap I bought 3 different sizes online, kept the one that fit, and returned the other two to a mall footlocker for full refund.<br /><br />Shipping for online purchaes is something like $6 or $7 bucks for first pair and and extra buck or two for each additional pair; I saved so much on the shoes I bought a couple of extra bucks for shipping was meaningless.<br /><br />So don't be so cynical, my friend, sometimes there really are bargains to be had! ;)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> See you don't work in the retail world PM..That extra 5% is in case one would give the customer another discount cause lets say they like you..right..Its what is called a carry charge..<br /><br />No different when buying a car they mark a car up high so as to have play room to mark it down..No Sales retailer will ever lose money when they mark things down..<br /><br />If you ever want to figure an estimated wholesale cost figure retail items are marked up 100% or higher in the beginning..<br /><br />No problem Ak..Thats why I have an accountan because he can fudge on the figures more than me..lol..<br /><br />About three weeks until the fun begins AK..
darn.<br />I am gonna miss it!!<br />Only 6 more days till I go home.<br /><br />AK Chappy

spratt

Lieutenant

What I would like to know is...if they are cuttin' 30% off everything they sell...sheesh!!! YOu think I am stoopid enuf to go buy a coat that is 30% shorter than it was yesterday?????? DUH!!!

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Spratt,<br /><br />You simply buy the extra long size which should now fit perfectly since they cut it down.

spratt

Lieutenant

Right...fer the xtra 15%, uh huh...ok...wonder what ya do with them shoes that are cut off?????