3 and 4 blade

spego

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here is my situation.<br /><br />I have 2 props....both same pitch.<br /><br />Prop A - 3 blade 14 3/4" dia<br /><br />Prop B - 4 blade 14" dia<br /><br />Which one will perform better WOT? Holeshots? What is the advantages of A and B?<br /><br />I have ran both props and did not see a huge difference only in some top end.<br /><br />Please advise. Thanks much!!

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: 3 and 4 blade

IMHO Prop A should be faster.<br /><br />Prop B should be better out of the hole.<br /><br />Probably pretty even though.<br /><br /> Just general rule of thumb, but not necesarily right.

walleyehed

Admiral

Ditto,LD,......I'll continue on now...someone must need help somewhere....????

spego

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks for the posting guys. I may mess around with the 2 of them a little more but more than likely I will end up keeping one as a spare if there isn't too much of a difference. Thanks again.

walleyehed

Admiral

your own testing of the 2 props is better than any advice we can give as to which is better.<br />Take notes of how each performs in certain situations such as hole-shot, mid-range acceleration, top-end, steering torque, or "lack of", vibration, etc.

spego

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah I will have to do that. Since I am on the subject of props....do you know how to calculate what the pitch of a prop is? I have another 3 blade that is not stamped....no info on it. I would like to know what the pitch is on that one too so in my testing I at least know what I am testing. That way I could have more of a direction to go if I ever think about buying one.<br /><br />Thanks