$3.09a Gallon!

KaGee

Admiral
:eek: :eek: :eek: <br />Gasolene...<br />This morning it was $2.50, come out of a meeting it jumped up to $3.09<br /><br /> :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: $3.09a Gallon!

Yea, its messed up my weekend. $300 to fill the gas tank in the boat. hell i could fly to florida. Ah what the heck, we'll see.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Think yourself lucky you don't live here.$1.30 AU per litre.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

KaGee, I feel your pain, this morning it was $2.79, by the afternoon $3.13 <br /><br />who would have thought that a tank of gas would be a good short term investment! :) <br /><br />The best part is there's apparently no shortage, just high prices, can you spell "price gouging"?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Should be fun to watch the enviro-wacko's go ape now the the boutique fuels have been put on hold. And since we were running at 98% of our refining capasity prior to the storm it sounds like a good time to build 8 to replace the 4 we lost to the storm.

mattttt25

Commander

yup, $2.95 when i left for work, $3.16 when i returned home. $525 to fill the boat. fun.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, I feel better now that gasoline finally costs more than bottled water.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Station here in Philadelphia.... $3.89 for regular. No not $2.89. $3.89, as in 11 cents short of four bucks. And no it's not a gas dock it's on the road.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Well, I feel better now that gasoline finally costs more than bottled water.
Me too :) <br /><br />last night at the station close to work it was $2.59 this morning $3.02 :(

migue

Seaman Apprentice

Well at least you guys have gas, gas is in short supply here in South Florida I had to siphon the last 5 gallons out of my boat to go to work. the only station that had gas around here had a line 3 blocks long!!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Well, I feel better now that gasoline finally costs more than bottled water.
Yer killing me here.............. ;) ;)

dolluper

Captain

Soon be catching up to the cost of a gallon of coffee :D :D

ZmOz

Captain

Soon it will be cheaper to run your diesel on new motor oil...rather than diesel fuel. :eek: :rolleyes:

ndemge

Commander

I drive 75 miles a day, carpool with my sister.<br /><br />currently get 20mpg<br /><br />...Tomorrow I go to look at a Geo Metro<br />$650<br /><br />3 Cyclinder<br />NO AC<br />Manual Tranny<br /><br />Should save me OVER $100 a month just on the commute. Not counting anywhere else I might go.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

The bad thing is everybody with Geo Metros are going to figure out those cars are suddenly valuable again, and will charge an arm and a leg. I have seen it around here already. Anything with a small engine with For Sale signs is being snapped up, the big gas suckers with For Sale signs are collecting dust. I'll just stick with what I have....

tommays

Admiral

i had two geo metros a 3 cyl 1995 which i totaled in a MINOR accident when a guy ran a stop sign<br /><br />and then a 4 cyl 1999 which i again totaled in a minor accident<br /><br />the front bumper slides under anything and then the air bag sensor is crushed!!!! can you say dual airbag deployment at 6 MPH both of them are to big so they break ALL THE WINDOWS and for good measure they bounce the rear view mirror OF YOUR HEAD<br /><br /><br />now i had driven from 1972 till 1999 trouble free then i really had a string of bad luck with those metros :( and i went back to full size and have kept my good luck going ;) <br /><br /><br />really you cant see past anybody and you dont get no respect on the road at all :eek: and the bumpers dont line up with anything :eek: <br /><br />tommays

ndemge

Commander

maybe I should weld me in a roll cage.<br /><br />I look at the metro as a cross between a motorcyle and a car as far as safety.<br /><br />I KNOW I'm going to die on a motorcycle, I will probably live with the Metro.<br /><br />My commute is 90% city enviroment, only about 6 miles of actual highway, pretty safe run.

Ralph 123

Captain

Filled my truck today at $2.89 - long lines. Grabbed wifes truck a few hours later and prices jumped to $3.39 drove around and finally found one at $3.15. We have 7 gas stations within 1 mile of each other - imagine if there was less competition?<br /><br />The boat is empty. I knew I should have filled it on the way how last time when gas was still cheap!

aspeck

Staff member

On Tuesday night I thought, I really need to fill up the Denali, but I didn't have a trip in town, and I hated to waste gas just to get gas, and I was tired, so I didn't fill it up at $2.49.<br /><br />Next afternoon, I am in town, but very busy. Go past station and see it is $2.77. Okay, they already put it up and I missed the window! arrghh! Busy, no time to stop, no problem. I will get it later.<br /><br />That evening, I am going in town JUST for gas, and am told it is up to 3.00! Well, that is it. It has reached the top! Will wait till Thursday (next morning). Get it when I have a trip in town. Drive past 2 local stations, one is 2.90, the other 3.00. They are ALWAYS higher than everyone else. Head in town. 3.20!!! Now I am really upset!<br /><br />Go back to little local places where it was cheaper, and in the 30 minutes it is up to $3.25. Back in town! Filled it up at $3.20 - only cost $75 to fill the tank! OUCH!<br /><br />$0.70 per gallon in 1 1/2 days! I am glad that when I built the new house 2 years ago I put in geothermal instead of oil heat! The extra cost up front will be all paid off this year!