270/ AQ125A Exhaust flange

:confused:I have what may seem to be a weird a ? I was told by the man I bought the boat off of that when the motor is not running that the tilt HAS to be in the upright position or water will get into the motor. I have drivin a few inboard/ outboards and have never heard of this problem before. Or is he just blowin smoke? The exhaust flang is intact/place so I don't see how me loading and unloading skiers or swimming would alow water to enter the motor if the drive is down. Any insight on this would be helpful. Thanks:confused:

Robj

Lieutenant
Re: 270/ AQ125A Exhaust flange

I do not think that is true. He is just blowing smoke.

Have a great day,

Rob.

Maclin

Admiral

I am with you, I cannot make sense of that advice. That drive won't come out of the water anyway even at full tilt up will it? The only thing I can think of is maybe the drive bellows has a hole in the top they knew of, and that closes when it is squished up, but even a troubled drive bellows would not let water into the engine, just the bilge (I am not saying that should be tolerated). Maybe they were just passing on some misunderstood advice they got.

Thank you for your input i was on the same lines as ya'll that he was either misunderstanding someone else or just full of it. Thanks again:D

slia67

Petty Officer 1st Class

It doesn't on mine.

Doug

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Water can get back into the boat if the bellows and the seals in the driveshaft housing go bad.
SMOKING!!!!!!
The 270 drive should be left in the full down position unless it's on a trailer.
The 270 doesn't have a trim only tilt out. Jerry