25 Hp. Mercury(what year?)

lsufan

Recruit
I purchased a boat last year and was told the motor was a 85 or 86 wasn't sure. My question is can the year model be gotten if you have the SN? The SN is 0B140755 , The other question I have is what other year model motors can parts be interchanged with on this motor? and does it have to be a 25 hp? The reason I am curious is one of my cylinders is scared and I would like to buy another used motor that I can excange parts with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

lindseywolfe

Recruit
Re: 25 Hp. Mercury(what year?)

You 25 is a 1987. Your local dealer should be online with Mercury and will be able to help you with matters like this. Having the serial number is the most important thing to help your dealer help you. They can pull up history on your motor and also any service bulletins that need (or needed) to be performed. Hope you get it running!

lsufan

Recruit

Originally posted by lindseywolfe:<br />You 25 is a 1987. Your local dealer should be online with Mercury and will be able to help you with matters like this. Having the serial number is the most important thing to help your dealer help you. They can pull up history on your motor and also any service bulletins that need (or needed) to be performed. Hope you get it running!
Thanks for your time, you have been very helpful.

jburns911

Recruit

Originally posted by lsufan:<br />I purchased a boat last year and was told the motor was a 85 or 86 wasn't sure. My question is can the year model be gotten if you have the SN? The SN is 0B140755 , The other question I have is what other year model motors can parts be interchanged with on this motor? and does it have to be a 25 hp? The reason I am curious is one of my cylinders is scared and I would like to buy another used motor that I can excange parts with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jburns911

Recruit

Hi is your motor a tiller model and would you be intrested in selling it.....Jim
Originally posted by lsufan:<br />I purchased a boat last year and was told the motor was a 85 or 86 wasn't sure. My question is can the year model be gotten if you have the SN? The SN is 0B140755 , The other question I have is what other year model motors can parts be interchanged with on this motor? and does it have to be a 25 hp? The reason I am curious is one of my cylinders is scared and I would like to buy another used motor that I can excange parts with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

lsufan

Recruit

Originally posted by jburns911:<br />Hi is your motor a tiller model and would you be intrested in selling it.....Jim
I'm not interested just yet because i am exploring a few other options. Will let you know if i decide to sell it. Thanks.