23l plastic fuel tank leaving 6-8 litres

Scozzie

Recruit
So I have 2 of these tanks I run them lengthways across back of my boat with quick coupler facing out for fast change over. Here is image then follow on below for issue.
D26C27EE-6220-481D-AECB-BFAE48C19ACE.png
So motor started spluttering guessed tank was empty nope had easy 6litres in it swapped tank off we went. Investigated once off water pick up goes straight down from quick connection. So question is has anyone successfully made mods to the tank or something so you can actually use most of your fuel in these if so how please. I want to keep quick couplers easy to access quite often will be just me and my 8 year old boy so I’ll do tank swaps like them to be as fast as possible as never know where you will be when needed. Thank you.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
The tank has a built-in reserve capacity. Note the depression in the bottom of the tank. That's not just for a spot to run a strap to hold the tank in place.

When you run out, tip the tank so that the reserve fuel will transfer over to the side with the pickup.

No mods needed for that issue. However, I would replace the Quick Disconnects with a hard plumbed 3 way valve. Disconnecting always ends with a drop, or 2 of spilled gas.

Scozzie

Recruit
The tank has a built-in reserve capacity. Note the depression in the bottom of the tank. That's not just for a spot to run a strap to hold the tank in place.

When you run out, tip the tank so that the reserve fuel will transfer over to the side with the pickup.

No mods needed for that issue. However, I would replace the Quick Disconnects with a hard plumbed 3 way valve. Disconnecting always ends with a drop, or 2 of spilled gas.
Thank you think it’s more then just reserve but good to know. You don’t happen to have a link or picture of said valve?

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Thank you think it’s more then just reserve but good to know. You don’t happen to have a link or picture of said valve?
This has been discussed many times.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

and it wears out the o-ring seal faster,every time you disconnect it use a little grease on it. the smallest leak will drive you crazy