225 hondas

Opti-missed

Cadet
anyone running hondas on a wellcraft 290 coastal or similar rig? thinking of repower and have never seen the combination on the water.<br />thx

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 225 hondas

If we are comparable to what you are currently running the only problem might be weight.I am guessing that on a boat this size you are running twins?

Opti-missed

Cadet

currently running twin 225 optimax. the boat is around 11000 lbs loaded so there is really no hole shot to be spoken of. im more concerned with cruise rpm and cruise speed and midrange power in a following sea. i cruise between 26.5 kts and 30 kts depending on my mood and the tide in calm seas. very rarely do i see hondas wyhere i boat and i cant understand it. everyone says they dont have enough torque which makes absolutely no sense to me since it is a 3.5 litre engine and 4 stroke at that. what would be your best guess at the cruise rpm on this setup. Also a guess on prop pitch or cruise speed, and cruise consumption. Thanx alot for the reply. cant find answers anywhere.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

I do'nt have specs in front of me ,but as I recall those Opti to Honda specs are pretty close.The big ? here is why are'nt the Hondas out there?If you do'nt have a dealer in your area that can support your investment in any situation ,maybe that is not the brand for you just now.Maybe it,s time to put a bug in their ears.Those 200/225s are incredible and WALK away from the Yamadogs.