20v Cuddy

bbandit

Recruit
I have what I think is a 1983 Invader. I found a badge on it that reads 20V Cuddy, but haven't found much else. One thing I am trying to determine is the year; looks like the 20V was only made in 1983. Anyone know anything different? Can it be found from the serial? The previous owner cannot find the title and we are working on a salvage title.

Another problem I am having is that the serial for the drive units start with OC and I cannot find a serial from the engine. I did a look up and on the site I found any serial starting in OC for Mercruiser is 1989. This doesn't really match with the information I have found on the year of the boat (unless the engine and drive have been replaced).

Searches on the internet for a 20V Cuddy are pretty scarce though I did find a few tidbits and some parts lists here on iboats.com.

Thanks

bbandit

Recruit
Re: 20v Cuddy

I was digging through the boat (rewiring some very bad connections) when I found a Texas DNR registration card that said the boat is a 1988 Intruder, not a 1983 as I had previously thought. Anyone know anything about these boats or the Mercruiser 3.7l inline 4?

frastorno

Cadet
Re: 20v Cuddy

is your boat similar to mine? Mine is '80, you read that from the last 4 (look at the middle 2 of them) numbers in the serial number, in my boat is in the upper right of the transom

Attachments

• Barca.JPG
    Barca.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 0