20HP Evinrude Fuel Delivery

newf1

Seaman
I began to replace the fuel lines on my old 1985 20 HP Evinrude and ended up only replacing a the main intake hose from the housing to the fuel pump. I will have to order lines for the carb and engine block as where we live there is little in the way of supplies. I am not sure what size the line is that runs from just above the fuel pump and back towards the lower front, my guess would be for lubrication.<br /><br />Could anyone tell me the proper size of gas line for these applications as what is on there doesn't appear to be the right ones?<br /><br />I also noticed that there is a small fitting/reducer located below the fuel pump in which the smaller return line to the carb joins at a 90 degree angle. Is this spec or should I remove it?<br /><br />Thanks for the help.

mikeyzx2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 20HP Evinrude Fuel Delivery

well the smaller line runs from the top to the carb itself I would think, I have the smaller square pump and the smaller line runs to the carburetor. I'm not sure but I think 3/16 or 1/4" for it. the other lines I'm guessing 3/8" or 5/16" <br /><br />the picture I have in manual shows the line and 90 degree fitting so don't take it off