20hp 4 stroke suzuki rev limit

Frigate1

Recruit
My 2013 20hp 4 stroke suzuki in neutral will rev out around 3000 rpm. as it should. The problem is in the water under way it also revs out at 3000 rpm. Cavitation plate is 1 1/2 inches below the stern. Ive tried 4 different pitch props both 3 and 4 blade with the same results. Fuel flow is good with no air leaks and excellent spark. I know there is a rev limiter but have no way of telling its condition without changing it out. I would appreciate any helpful thoughts.

Frigate1

Recruit
My 2013 20hp 4 stroke suzuki in neutral will rev out around 3000 rpm. as it should. The problem is in the water under way it also revs out at 3000 rpm. Cavitation plate is 1 1/2 inches below the stern. Ive tried 4 different pitch props both 3 and 4 blade with the same results. Fuel flow is good with no air leaks and excellent spark. I know there is a rev limiter but have no way of telling its condition without changing it out. I would appreciate any helpful thoughts.
Well I've been told there's rev limiter.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Should rev to more than that when in gear, I’d think. Is it in guardian mode ? Any alarms or that ? Oil level ok ? Is your tacho accurate

Frigate1

Recruit
Should rev to more than that when in gear, I’d think. Is it in guardian mode ? Any alarms or that ? Oil level ok ? Is your tacho accurate
New oil and 2nd tach added with the same reading. No alarms but as the engine begins to go into idle mode the light comes on. When I shut off the engine then restart the light is off and it repeats as before

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
New oil and 2nd tach added with the same reading. No alarms but as the engine begins to go into idle mode the light comes on. When I shut off the engine then restart the light is off and it repeats as before
Sounds like it’s definitely needing diagnostics plugged into it. Must be in a restricted mode.