2024 Boston Boat Show

tpenfield

Staff member
I went to the boat show today to wander and wonder. Overall a good sized show, probably as big it has ever been.
IMG_5677.JPG
I stopped by each of the usual suspects to see what is new and what is the same as before.

Key take-aways:
1) The upholstery quality and workmanship is way up this year, pretty much across the brands. The ones that were good previously remained so, and the ones that were showing some sloppiness last year have upped their game. There were a few sore spots, but nothing compared to last year.
IMG_5678.JPG
IMG_5679.JPG
IMG_5689.JPG
IMG_5695.JPG

In honor of @alldodge, I walked right past the Chaparral display and did not venture in.
I made my way over the the Formula boats and salivated for a while.
IMG_5691.JPG
IMG_5692.JPG
Cruisers Yacht had a 38 GLS, but not much else.

And the eye-popper (for me) was the Galeon 325 GTO . . . OMG, what a layout for a 32' boat. I put that on my short list, along with the Formula 310SS.
IMG_5683.JPG
IMG_5684.JPG
IMG_5681.JPG
IMG_5682.JPG
I also saw one of these things . . . WTH . . . .
I sure hope the powerhead is water proof... :ROFLMAO:
IMG_5696.JPG
Anyway, I got my winter boat fix . . . now onto spring prep work.

Last edited:

airshot

Rear Admiral
Gonna be difficult to tow those when we are all forced to drive little electric vehicles !!

tpenfield

Staff member
Gonna be difficult to tow those when we are all forced to drive little electric vehicles !!
Oh . . . maybe there will be an F-250 lightning available. :LOL:

BTW - I had forgotten about those underwater Rotax engines until I saw one. :poop:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Ted, you thought your BMW had network issues. this will in about 5-6 years

img_5681-jpg.393482

most of the builders are pushing high-end creature comforts and they wonder why the market share is dropping when the MSRP keeps climbing.

the drink holder looks like the peltier junction cooled one from dometic.

airshot

Rear Admiral
All those electronics just scare the crap out of me.....my touch screen on my Jeep has acted up on ocassion, 1200 bucks for screen only, no labor !! Estimate was almost 3K total. Switches and buttons are so much easier and cheaper !!

aspeck

Staff member
So which one did you buy me???? :D:p
My wife says I am to cheap to put the fuel in one of those, let alone dock and maintain one. And she is probably right. I just could get fish guts all over a boat like that and feel good about it! :D

tpenfield

Staff member
IDK . . . The Admiral really likes the CY 338 that we have. We'll be on our third season coming up . . . still getting the boat dialed in.

The electronics on the new boats are pretty scary . . . I am wondering how many folks will want to unload those boats after a few years of ownership?

For my next boat, I would like to get twin outboards . . . I could stay in the CY line or go back to Formula if I want to down-size a wee bit. . . . who knows.