2020 Starmada SOTY Winner: Classiccat's 1975 18ft Super Sport

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Howdy All,
Please help me in congratulating Classiccat in his 1975 18ft Super Sport restoration for 2020s Starmada Splash Of The Year!!! What a great project and thanks for taking us along on the ride!!!

classicat.jpg

SHSU

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Thank you @SHSU & and thank you everyone for the guidance & support over the years!

I’m truly honored to carry the Starcraft SOTY torch through 2021!

@BWR1953 is a worthy fellow-nominee with his beautiful Kingfisher that’s going to break the sound barrier if he keeps wrenchin’ on that Merc! “The boy” is maturing into quite the marine wrencher as well under BWR’s tutelage! I wouldn’t be surprised if he’ll be competing for SOTY in the coming years…perhaps with a Chieftain entry :cool: !!

It’s unfortunate that we didn’t get more rigs splashed this year...2020 has been a real grind on everyone. I’m very hopeful that we’ll regain some semblance of normalcy this year and see more builds reach completion for a strong 2021 SSOTY showing!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
2020 comes to an end in the best way. Two solid entries to close out the year. Unfortunately, only one winner. Congrats classiccat. Now the big question - How many pounds of rivets were used in the resurrection?

BWR - You get a (y) for your Kingfisher. Well done!

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
@classiccat Congratulations on winning SOTY!! Also much respect to @BWR1953 for all the work you’ve put in to your beautiful boat too. Looking up to both of you as I embark down a similar path. Cheers!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Thank you @SHSU & and thank you everyone for the guidance & support over the years!

I’m truly honored to carry the Starcraft SOTY torch through 2021!

@BWR1953 is a worthy fellow-nominee with his beautiful Kingfisher that’s going to break the sound barrier if he keeps wrenchin’ on that Merc! “The boy” is maturing into quite the marine wrencher as well under BWR’s tutelage! I wouldn’t be surprised if he’ll be competing for SOTY in the coming years…perhaps with a Chieftain entry :cool: !!

It’s unfortunate that we didn’t get more rigs splashed this year...2020 has been a real grind on everyone. I’m very hopeful that we’ll regain some semblance of normalcy this year and see more builds reach completion for a strong 2021 SSOTY showing!
Thanks CCat! It was an honor to be in the running with you!

As for 2021, so far it's the same as 2020, but more of a mean drunk! LMAO! 😝 :ROFLMAO:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Thanks to all for your kind words. The KF project was quite something. Both "the boy" and I were rank amateurs at the start. We both learned a lot and I have no doubt that he'll make good use of what we've learned from the project, and from all of the great folks here in the Starmada! :geek:

DCampbell

Seaman
Love the polished aluminum ! the starcraft in polished looks awesome, Looks like what they should have done from the factory .