2020 9.9 CT engine stalls

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
2020 MERCURY 9.9 COMMAND THRUST pull choke out and start ,it starts,,push choke in ,and engine revs up then bogs and dies ,if i start and put choke in til starts to die then pull choke back out engine will continue to run ,push choke back in engine revs up then dies ,any ideas on what could be going on ,ran earlier this year with no problems ,been sitting for 3 months ,was going to winterize but had this issue

saltchuckmatt

Commander
2020 MERCURY 9.9 COMMAND THRUST pull choke out and start ,it starts,,push choke in ,and engine revs up then bogs and dies ,if i start and put choke in til starts to die then pull choke back out engine will continue to run ,push choke back in engine revs up then dies ,any ideas on what could be going on ,ran earlier this year with no problems ,been sitting for 3 months ,was going to winterize but had this issue
Fuel starved. Clean carb.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Run fuel out of carburetor when done boating !----An empty carburetor stays clean.-----Tiny passageways on 4 strokes can be restricted by fuel forming gummy deposits.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
no, on stand in garage when not in use
In the boot of the car ? Or trunk if you are across the pond from me. My 3.5 merc used to take oil into the carb after a short journey in the car. Even if it was on it’s right side. Total pain.