2014 Tracker 24 DLX vs 2015 Lowes SF 214 - Help

Jwing

Recruit
I am new to the world of pontoons and seeking some advice. I am looking for a fishing pontoon that will occasionally be used to take a bunch of teenagers up to the lakes. Usually it will be 4 adults, big adults, that like to putt around calm lakes for still fishing with occasional trolling. There will be a few times each summer where we would use it as a recreational/party boat for teenagers, which will include lots of swimming and maybe pulling a tube.

And if the rig is capable of it, I would like to be able to take it out into the saltwater bay for some crabbing, but that is a bonus and not a prerequisite.

I have two boats right around the same price point.
A very well equipped 2015 Lowes SF 214 with a 2016 Merc 115 and a 2014 Tracker 24 DLX with your basic setup and a 2014 Merc 115.

My question is... will the 21ft be enough room for what I want to do? Or should I look towards the extra space of the 24ft boat?

Thoughts?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I am new to the world of pontoons and seeking some advice. I am looking for a fishing pontoon that will occasionally be used to take a bunch of teenagers up to the lakes. Usually it will be 4 adults, big adults, that like to putt around calm lakes for still fishing with occasional trolling. There will be a few times each summer where we would use it as a recreational/party boat for teenagers, which will include lots of swimming and maybe pulling a tube.

And if the rig is capable of it, I would like to be able to take it out into the saltwater bay for some crabbing, but that is a bonus and not a prerequisite.

I have two boats right around the same price point.
A very well equipped 2015 Lowes SF 214 with a 2016 Merc 115 and a 2014 Tracker 24 DLX with your basic setup and a 2014 Merc 115.

My question is... will the 21ft be enough room for what I want to do? Or should I look towards the extra space of the 24ft boat?

Thoughts?
My first thought would be which one has the potty?

Jwing

Recruit
My first thought would be which one has the potty?
The Tracker has the built-in "changing" station", but that is not top priority since we can add a cheap pop up. I'm more concerned with quality and if the size of the Lowe is too small for my needs

Scott06

Vice Admiral
I think either size will do fine for what u outline. If you want to ski or tube with the kids the 21 with same power as the 24 may be a better bet. has one been better cared for than the other ? Previous owner maint and care would be the prime thing i would look for

ahicks

Captain
The 21 would need to be pretty nice to pull me away from a 24'.

The diameter of the tubes a big deal as well - especially in the case of a 21 with a 115 on it. I'm assuming the 115 is a 4 stroke? If so, that's a lot of weight on the back of a 21. The 24 will handle that weight much better....

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Are they both 2.1l merc 115 ? The changeover was about 2014. If the 2016 one is and the other isn’t…that would seal the deal for me. Amazing engine the 2.1. As for the weight. They are as light or lighter than the 115 and 125 2 stroke. Changed days now.
If they are both the same engine. If one is the CT and the other isn’t…go for the CT engine. So much better in every way and have the advantage of running the whole range of big gearcase props available. So powerful too. Way more than the 115 on the badge. No doubt