2014 40 ELPT CT random warning beeps

nadathing

Recruit
Brought boat out of storage after 7 months. Wouldn't start and run. Replaced high pressure fuel pump. Engine runs fine at idle and WOT for over half an hour. BUT, I'm getting random warning beeps. No rhythm or pattern except Yesterday, it only did it at idle. I replaced the impeller and lower unit oil today, and now it's randomly beeping through out the RPM's. Disconnected the temp sensor and got 6 beeps after startup. Then the random beeping started again. I'm thinking it's a loose wire or bad ground, but, I'm not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated. I have some video of the beeping but couldn't upload for some reason.

Attachments

• 20220115_105818.jpg
    20220115_105818.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
IAC, temp and pressure sensors would be suspect first off. Hopefully you’ve already ruled out low oil level ?
Another possibility is that if it’s like my 2016 merc…it may have a water separating fuel filter inside the boat in line from a fuel tank. Mine has a water sensor on it that alarms if it detects water. Should beep I’d think and it shows as a fault on my smartcraft, I assume too.

Rubvic

Recruit
Mercruiser on my Monterey Explorer has an intermittent alarm that goes on and then suddenly disappears. Run all the possible checks, sensors, lube oil canister etc. Could it be a false alarm due to a bad connection . Wiring not all that good and thinking unclean signals to the CPU could be the problem ? Any thoughts ?