2012 dodge durango

Does anybody know what the towing capacity on this is?

I just saw a commercial where the showed one towing 2 Dirtbikes, and ATV, 2 motorcycles an 18? foot bowrider, a jetski and a ford explorer, I think i'm even missing something, but couldn't find the commercial online.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 2012 dodge durango

I wanna see that rig backing up. The new Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokees are pretty much the same vehicle and the Jeep is getting good reviews.

GA_Boater

Bubbles, did you watch the vid Football linked to or see the commercial? I still want to see that rig backing up.

Bubbles Up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

@Ga Boater,

I have an '01 Dakota with a 3.9 litre motor, I was surfing to see what it would tow when I stumbled on that site. When I was looking I was getting numbers from 1500lbs to 5600lbs. I was shocked to find that I can do 4000lbs.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I wanna see that rig backing up. The new Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokees are pretty much the same vehicle and the Jeep is getting good reviews.

You might want to see it, but your not going to see it, I live in a state that allows double towing and nobody I have ever run into can back those up, let alone the rig you see in this commercial!

:facepalm:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Does anybody know what the towing capacity on this is?

I just saw a commercial where the showed one towing 2 Dirtbikes, and ATV, 2 motorcycles an 18? foot bowrider, a jetski and a ford explorer, I think i'm even missing something, but couldn't find the commercial online.

The best place to get the answer is send Dodge an email with the serial number on your vehicle and I am sure they can tell you just about everything you want to know about it, they normally respond with in two days.

GA_Boater

You might want to see it, but your not going to see it, I live in a state that allows double towing and nobody I have ever run into can back those up, let alone the rig you see in this commercial!

:facepalm:

I know it can't be driven on the roads legally or backed up and I don't care who is driving. What was it 4 trailers and the dolly with the Explorer. I never saw anyone manage to backup a tow dolly, plenty of tries but no success. Any way, I still want to see that rig backing up, I might even pay admission. :p

NYBo

Admiral

It's got a towing capacity of 7400 pounds.
That's with the 5.7L Hemi V8 and towing package. The maximum with the 3.6L Pentastar V6 is 6200 pounds (with towing package). Still not bad!