2009 Nissan 18

MJS

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a new to me Nissan 18 on a 2009 J14 Carolina Skiff. The engine started cutting up on the lake today. Mostly at higher rpms it would act like its bogged down or starved for fuel. At an idle it speeds up and slows down from a medium high idle to a slow lope. So I drained the tank and put fresh 93 octane gas. Converted the quick connect to fitted lines with new lines and a new filter. I tore down the carb and soaked it and blew all the ports with an air hose. I got new plugs but they gave me the wrong ones so i didn't get to change them. When I stared it back up it reved up and down on its own for a while but smoothed out after about ten minutes. I need to go back to the lake to try it under a load. I couldn't do a compression test because my tester doesn't fit the small plugs. I tried a spark test and it jumped over a quarter inch. While running after all the changes it still sounded like it was skipping a little now and then. when it would skip the pee steam would weaken with the skip.

MJS

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2009 Nissan 18

I put this in wrong place. Please move.