2007 Yamaha F250 Intermittent Issue

tbswhaler

Recruit
I've got a strange issue I'm trying to figure out with a 2007 Yamaha F250 - twins on a Regulator 26. It randomly drops power (from cruise @ 4000 to ~2500) - usually for a few minutes at a time and usually goes away with a restart. Sometimes it takes up to 10 to 15 hrs between instances, but it's pretty frustrating. I've replaced all of the batteries, cleaned electrical connections, fuel filters, cleaned VST, replace high pressure pump, etc. and it's still present. Haven't had a shop see it happen on diagnostics yet as it's too infrequent, but I'm wondering if it's a sensor of some sort. Any ideas on where to go next? Thanks for the help!

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
I've got a strange issue I'm trying to figure out with a 2007 Yamaha F250 - twins on a Regulator 26. It randomly drops power (from cruise @ 4000 to ~2500) - usually for a few minutes at a time and usually goes away with a restart. Sometimes it takes up to 10 to 15 hrs between instances, but it's pretty frustrating. I've replaced all of the batteries, cleaned electrical connections, fuel filters, cleaned VST, replace high pressure pump, etc. and it's still present. Haven't had a shop see it happen on diagnostics yet as it's too infrequent, but I'm wondering if it's a sensor of some sort. Any ideas on where to go next? Thanks for the help!
Possible intermittent overheat?
Check stat's and flush.

When was the water pump replaced?