2006 bayliner 175 prop replacement

Tcw5261

Recruit
Hey guys,

So my boat prop decided to kiss a rock this weekend and now the prop needs to be replaced. It currently has a 20" pitch on right now.

I found a 12.5x 23" aluminum prop.

Would this prop work well with my bayliner? It has a merc 3.0l I believe 135 hp.

Any info helps! Thank you !

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
If the 20p was getting 4800rpm then I would say no! a 20-21p is prob spot on for that boat.....
What were your WOT rpm's?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

​Will it work, will work, spot on, who knows ? A tach reading achieved as loaded on flat calm water cond was needed, from there you could have been able to go for a nice prop maximization A pity that starter 20 pitch prop was not tached to know if performed right or not...way to go...

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
What's the mim-max wot rpm range for that engine ? Were around 3-3500 wot rpm metered with tach or by ear tach ? Way low towads the lugging side, no bueno for the OB. Need a 14-16 pitch prop ? to pull wot revs as loaded towards max wot rpm range factory stated for combo to work spot-on..

Happy Boating

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
Sea Rider is correct.... Your RPM's are way too low! You need to verify that the tack is working properly first. It sounds like you have an engine problem.