2005 Chevy Express AC Help

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Took my service van in to find out why my AC works in the cool mornings, but stops when the tempertures outside gets warm. I evacuated the system and weighed in the gas. Still same problem.

At the garage I took it to, the mech said it was the compressor, however he also said he couldn't guarntee that it would fix the problem. This morning it is cool out and the compressor cycled on and off. It would kick in and run for about 45 seconds and then kick off. It would remain off for about 45 seconds and then cycle on. I can't see where it is the compressor is bad since it does cool when the compressor is on. To me it is behaving like a high pressure switch is kicking it off when the high side gets too high. I don't have a connector to hook up the high side to verify if this is the problem. I'm at a loss when it comes to vehicle systems. Hopefully someone here can suggest or have an opinion on what to check and look for. Thanks....SS

dolluper

Captain
Re: 2005 Chevy Express AC Help

There's a connector for the high side close to the rad..the condensor line ....follow the line from your drier....low side by the drier high side connector is closer to the condensor and is bigger......get an adapator if needed for your guages if needed....about 30 bones.....you also have a filter[orfice tube} in the line close to your drier could be restricting the flow......your thinking the high pressure switch could also be bad...disconnect it at your accumulator {drier} and jump the connector with piece of wire {paperclip} and turn on air ifin she runs cool change out orfice tube filter....NOTE don't do it to long as your compressor runs steady eh.....compressor take a piece of paper stick it between clutch and compressor body see if it comes back wet.....or check visally for wetness....time to crawl under and see
Alot of info at this site
http://www.autoacrepairs.com/index.html