2005 8.1 Gi Resistor

Atlas3025

Recruit
I have a 2005 Four Winns 250 Horizon with the Vovle 8.1 Gi Duoprop. I have put 300 hours on it in the last three years (725 total), but just noticed an HC-RX24 - 200W Resistor under the hood that doesn't appear to be hooked up to anything. Am I screwed? I've searched and found lots of posts on resistors, but a little puzzled by this one. Thanks for looking!

Fun Times

Staff member
Thinking maybe a few photos of it and the area / device it’s located at / on might help someone recognize something. It doesn’t sound like it going to be an Volvo OEM stock item though…But maybe it is, not sure.

Atlas3025

Recruit
Thinking maybe a few photos of it and the area / device it’s located at / on might help someone recognize something. It doesn’t sound like it going to be an Volvo OEM stock item though…But maybe it is, not sure.
Went back down to get photos and in the process of lighting the whole engine bay up to get a good pic, I think it was wires to an LED Drain Plug Light. The thing was wired to an aftermarket toggle switch. No way Volvo had something like that wired up to the ignition system. So sorry for the false alarm!

Fun Times

Staff member
There aren’t any false alarm questions here especially when it’s something seemingly new make’s it even more interesting.🙂👍